Thursday, May 8, 2008

Spring Recap

How about a little Spring Recap? Jake said not to apologize just to get to it so here we go :)!! It has been such a weird but wonderful Spring at the Smith house! The girls are growing faster and faster! Somedays I just wish they would pause and let me absorb them at this stage....but they keep growing and learning and changing! My friend says not to get sad at their milestones....she said, "Michelle, just have another one!" Well that is a thought....but not yet!!

This Spring....we have had 2 birthdays, Easter, fun cousin time.....and lots of things Mommy can no longer remember. Jacob has been on the road a bunch for work...so things are crazy. We are very thankful to have him home now....we are definitely not complete without him. He makes me a better wife, mommy, friend, and just better all the way around. So when he is gone....you can imagine!! :) I am thankful that we did pretty well and surprised ourselves this time....single moms....wow....you guys are amazing! I have no idea how you do it! And to be honest....I pray I never have to endure more than just some long business trips! I will, however, continue to be amazed at you guys!

Without going into details....Jake and I are excited about May! April was a tough month in more ways than I care to remember....but PTL.....He has brought us through and we can see the light! It is absolutely amazing how much you learn and grow when your back is up against a wall! We are thankful and excited to see God continue to work mightily in our lives in the months ahead! We have never been more excited....and we are headed forward...Yay!



For some strange reason I only got these shots of the girls in their Easter dresses. I think I am going to redo this and "pretend" to get some good shots of them in their coordinating dresses! Hannah wore her pink princess shoes to church....yep I am now one of those mothers :) Oh well...next year we may actually remember shoes with the outfit when we buy it?!!



Hannah and Sadie in their adorable coordinating outfits from the Bruner family. Sadie was not much into hunting eggs :) I think her total was 3! She did have 4 at one time....but she was playing with it. When she was finished playing with it, she sat it down beside her. And....it got rehunted....regifted....or re-egged.....whatever you want to say! Needless to say Sadie did not even notice :)! Here Hannah is being such a great big sister and helping Sadie....soooo cute!



Hannah is finding an egg full of money with the help of Ma'mere!



Bored with hunting eggs.....Sadie decides that this stick looks really fun to play with! And boy did this stick entertain :)!!!



When even the stick is not entertaining anymore....you can always try eating the Easter basket! That is always a fun thing to do. :)



After the hunt was over and everyone is counting, Sadie crawled right up to her cousin's pile and started shaking! She had a blast!! It was hilarious!



Notice that she found the money egg VERY quickly....watch out Daddy....I am going to be just like Mommy....at least where money is concerned :)



Hannah with her best friend.....and mine too!!!



After such a tough day of eating and hunting eggs....they had to relax on the playset :)! This is such a wonderful tradition that Jacob's family (Uncle Charles and Aunt RubyLee) put together each year! All the family comes....what a blessing to be in this family :)!!



Aunt Bekah is awesome....she even went down the slide with HJ....which of course she loves! And Yes, she was screaming her name when we had to leave....those are always fun times in the car! One child screaming so loudly that it wakes the other and then they are both going at it!!! Lovely!



Hannah preparing dinner....I think she is putting on the pepperoni here. I love the look of concentration on her face :) I think the pepperoni placing went something like....One for Hannah, one for the pizza, one for Hannah......etc. Eventually we had a wondeful dinner....eventually :)



This is a daily occurrence at the Smith house. Does anyone else have any chore helpers? Too cute and she is always so proud of herself! All is great until she puts the steak knife in her mouth !



The Sock Bandit.....I would take all the socks away and turn around and she would have gathered them all back up....and then she would bite them....all of them....?? Who knows why...but it is precious! Sadie can frequently be seen crawling with socks in her hand or hanging out of her mouth.....apparently it is her teething apparatus of choice! Too funny!



Hannah modeling her "Dancing dress" and her princess houseshoes! She likes to put this dress on to dance to the Wiggles...weird I know....but cute too!



I love this serious face.....this girl does not miss anything. She is so observant. I also love this homemade outfit....it has ruffles on the bottom! Love it!!



There are many reasons I love this photo. 1. The hair- this is how Sadie's hair looks every morning....some sticking straight up and some laying super straight!! Wild thing!!! 2. The one tooth!! Yes, she is turning one with one tooth!! This does not deter her from eating big girl food! She just gums it and sucks on it till it dissolves. Gross I know...and messy too! 3. The teething smile- I call it the teething smile cause she is always moving her gums around on each other and her teeth and then doing a funky but precious smile!!



Mommy....please keep the floors cleaner....don't you know that I pick up EVERYTHING!! Like you said....nothing gets by me.



Clapping to the song...."If you Love Jesus" Love it!!!



I love this dress!! Beautiful! But my favorite part of this picture is Hannah. Don't you love it when they get tickled and you can see sheer joy on their faces!!! Such a blessing!!



Sadie going with the serious pose! She did not want to smile and look at the camera! Too much to ask that particular day!!



Yes....my princess is gnawing on a chicken bone!! Yuck!! My mom gave it to her....she ate or sucked on it for 15 minutes! Hopefully she will not develop Papa's chicken eating habits. It is just not lady like :)



Sadie's 1 yr cake! Nope this is not at all what I was envisioning with I said pink and brown plaid...oh well ...it tasted marvelous. It was imported from Sno-white bakery in Abilene! Thanks , Sugar and Papa



Sadie snacking on a pretzel stick :) Maybe it reminded her of the chicken bone from the night before!



Birthday Girl!



Hannah blew out the candle for Sadie....not sure what is going on with my face though :)



Yummy....cake....and pink icing.



I love this picture! Doesn't everyone want a knife wielding lady at their daughter's 1st birthday??? I know Karen was just helping or something....but I laugh out loud every time I see this picture :)



Notice that they are eating outside....yes that was on purpose :)



Trying out some ice cream....thank you Tara! It makes me pucker up!!



The gifts were wonderful....you know how it is with a 1 yr old! Everyone else is more interested in the gifts than her! Well thank you Aunt Bekah....this one definitely got her attention! Freaked her out....poor girl...she was wailing!



This is called the "distract and calm" technique :) Everyone is working on it!



Okay Bekah...this one is about my size!! And it is good to eat too!! Don't worry, Daddy made her play with the big cat later....we will not be scared at the Smith house!



Hannah was pumped about this gift....some bowls full of cooking supplies.....always fun!!



Thank you Sugar and Papa for all your help!! We couldn't have done it without you!



I love to be upside down.....hold on....cause I will thrust myself backwards at anytime!



Sadie with Ms. Tara showing her how to use her new toy!! Ms. Tara is our wonderful, reliable, sweet babysitter who is such a blessing to our family!! She also loves our girls alot....I mean...who wouldn't?? :)



Thanks for helping me Tara!! I got it and love it!!



Happy Birthday sweet girl!!! You are such a blessing to our family!! We are so excited to see the wonderful things God has for your future.....and the unique ways that you will bring Him glory! We love you!


AAh....is the favorite and frequent word used by Ms. Sadie Grace! This is also the face you get when you ask for a kiss! It is a full mouth open assault!! So fun...and wet! :)



So at what age do they learn feet first over the edge??? Apparently....she is not ready for that....she likes to linger at the edge!!

Thanks for reading all of this....it occured to me while posting Sadie's birthday pics that I haven't done Hannah's which was in March. So maybe that will be next.....but I also have been tagged to do 7 random things....no Laura I have not forgotten....so I will be back soon!!


5 comments:

Alisa N. said...

what a sweet post - I love all the pics of your beautiful girls:)
Wish I was going to see you soon - Miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, babe. Love to hear your thoughts! LCB

Laura said...

Snow White Bakery? Makes me hungry for pink thumbprint cookies! All the pics were GREAT! Thx for the update.

Sugar said...

Well, about time to get this updated! I can't wait to see Hannah's birthday pictures. Could these little girls get any prettier or more precious? Love you all!

Sugar said...

Well, about time to get this updated! I can't wait to see Hannah's birthday pictures. Could these little girls get any prettier or more precious. Love you all!