Friday, May 16, 2008

7 Random Things

Well....I think I was tagged about a month ago to do this....so here we go. I think I hesitate because I am not sure I can narrow it down to only 7 :)!!

1. I have a screw in my left foot. I fractured my left metatarsal playing softball in college and this was supposedly the quicker and more secure fix...:) My friend (the trainer) got to go into my surgery and she said they used something that looked like a Black and Decker drill to drill the screw in... How disturbing it that?? Feels a little strange when rain is coming or it is really cold!

2. I leave cabinet doors open all the time. I think that a vehemently denied this until about a month ago! I have been noticing that all the kitchen cabinets are open....and if you know Jacob...it is NOT him. So, I told Jake that I think I leave the cabinets open.....and he just looked at me like....what in the world took you so long to figure that out??!! Yesterday he looked at me....smiled and said "Honey, you missed one." Totally made me crack up! Seriously....I am working on it!

3. I know all the words to all the Wiggles songs....probably moves too! Hannah loves the Wiggles....and they have definitely grown on me! We like Big Red Boat, Racing the Rainbow, and Live the best!! It is funny when you start singing the words to a Wiggle song at random times......"Hot Potato, Hot Potato or Fruit Salad, Yummy Yummy!" and endless others. It is especially weird to make up your own words to a Wiggle song....and sing it during the day! Such as

(to the tune of Fruit Salad)

Pick up your toys
It's time to clean!

Put your shoes
In your closet

One squirt of soap
to wash your hands

etc... :)

4. I've not yet had a group of close friends that all like each other! I have always had friends that were totally different and sometimes that disliked the others....so strange!! Sometimes things were very awkward! :) I look forward to having a group of close girlfriends who all enjoy each other in the future!

5. I get a 2nd wind at 11 pm! When most people are winding down or already fast asleep...I get reenergized. I could easily stay up all night! But the morning is not so great...especially now that there are kids to care for! This is Jacob's favorite quality about me! ;)

6. I love to read! I love to read fiction....Christian fiction....you name it....I have read it. I also really like to read books that help me become a better me, mom, friend, wife. I think that before you get married there should be some required reading....."The 5 Love Languages", "Personality Plus", "Love & Respect" and at least every woman should read "Battlefield of the Mind" These 4 reads would have saved hours and hours and hours of blood, sweat, and tears in relationships....but mostly in marriage. Thankfully we found them and are really better for it.

7. I love to take pictures & I love to pop things. I stand by the philosophy that if you take alot of pictures then you WILL get some good ones.. I think we take WAY WAY more pictures than the average family...but I love it. I also like to pop things on me and other people. Zits and such. I do not know why and I know it is gross!! Jake has banned me....

There they are 7 things.....Alisa....Monica....Anne.../and Jenny....what 7 things will you share???



Sadie crawled over our order and played in the corner!! Too funny...I think she is going to be one of those kids that likes forts in the living room!



This is what happens when your 3 yr old feeds your 1 yr old without supervision. Result= big mess, food everywhere but inside mouth!



Isn't layering in this year??



2 pairs were not enough....how about 3 layers of glasses at a time?!



Sadie wants to share!!



Let's see....Hannah did something like this



Or maybe it was like this.......



Oh!! Maybe it was like this....yeah this looks right!



Here is Hannah "assisting" Sadie in a walk around. She is trying really hard to remember to walk at a snail's pace and not to drag Sadie along the carpet! Fun times!

Quick story on HJ

Went into her bedroom the other night when she was suppose to be sleeping. She was talking. I decided to ask her who she was talking to her before giving her her consequence.

Hannah: "I'm talking to Jesus"

Me: "What are you talking to Jesus about?"

Hannah: "I asked him to keep my friends safe. Then my knee hurt so I asked Jesus to heal my knee and it is better. "

Me: "Anything else?"

Hannah: "Jesus likes my animals. He thinks they are pretty!"

Me: "That is great Hannah! Are you and Jesus finished talking?"

Hannah: " No, we are not done yet"

Me: "What else are you going to talk to Jesus about?"

Hannah: "Your birthday!"

The next day at nap time I went in to check on her......

Hannah: " Mommy, Jesus is not talking to me!"

Me: "What?"

Hannah: "Jesus is not talking to me!"

Me: "Maybe Jesus just wants you to take your nap and he will talk to you when you wake up."

Hannah: "Yeah...he does"


Well there you have it....Jesus likes naps too :)

The faith of a child! Don't we all want our children to develop a habit of talking to Jesus and never stop?? I'm so glad I took the time to ask!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love your story at the end... napping and talking to Jesus... what could be better. Now for random things... I always remember a cabinet being open in Sherrod & you did have some weird friends that didn't like me (whatever!). Now, as for popping things... GROSS! But I have been known to do the same thing - ha! thx for sharing!

Alisa N. said...

Hmmm...I didn't know about the popping zits thing - disturbing:) And the 11pm "second wind" - didn't know about that either-ha! I wonder how many total hrs of sleep we have lost by staying up talking!!
Wish we lived closer so M & S could play together - I am sure they would have a blast! Love the new pictures!! And the talking to Jesus story is SO sweet.

Sugar said...

So precious. Hard to believe that Sadie is walking. Can not wait to see you all. If you don't come this weekend, I'm going to cry! Love you all

Melanie said...

it has officially been more than a month since your last blog. any day now :)